Thursday, June 23, 2011

Continuing on confetti..

After my last post, I think I should share my 'confetti'.

My Mother-in-Law has a garden full of roses, so she thoughtfully started collecting rose petals and drying them for months leading up to my wedding. She would lay them out on cardboard on the spare beds in her house.. and once they were dry enough, she bagged them up for me. I think she also put a rose scented oil on them because they smelt lovely.

A couple of weeks before the wedding, she delivered LOADS of these petals to me. I had no idea what to do with them, how to present them, and how to make them fit with the rest of our look.

Here's what I came up with:

I bagged them up into little white paper bags and stamped them with the stamps from our invitations.


Then I put them into a wooden crate that we had handy. It fit perfectly with the theme after all!

And the result:


The colourful fanfare I love, a hilarious look as Adam cops it in the face, and a dress filled with rose petals for the rest of the night!


Thanks Mother-in-Law!

3 comments:

  1. I love these! Such a great idea! (also a great way to have something for the mother in law to be to d0).

    Just wondering where you ordered your stamp for the bags from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for your comment!
    Our graphic designer designed the image for the stamp and we had it made locally. Are you in Adelaide??
    If you Google 'rubber stamp' and the area you live in, you will find lots!
    I think there are also lots available on etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. View this link for so many great options on etsy!
    http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?search_submit=&ref=auto&q=custom+rubber+stamps&order=date_desc&view_type=gallery&ship_to=US

    ReplyDelete